Sunday, February 12, 2012

In Case You Are Wondering Why I Am Writing This...


You are probably wondering why a young person such as myself would want to write a blog called the 'Sarcasm Inside Me.' The main reason is because my sisters and I were sitting around the dinner table one night and one of them said that I should start a blog and the other one agreed....well here I am writing a stinkin' blog. Also, because my older sister is such a Martha Stewart, being this whole superwoman and what-not, I felt like I could show up in at least one aspect of life. Oh, wait....she is married, has 3 children, recently started her her own Etsy shop sewing just about anything you could imagine and blogs about her life, projects, and what she is making for dinner too! Can I say I got screwed having two older sisters who do so much more than me. (If you two read this, please know that I dearly love the both of you and truly do look up to and hope I will be just like you one day. But seriously, take a break and let me catch up!)


To get on with what I was trying to say, I do feel that most people do not understand my sarcasm that I use, but my family does and for some odd reason they think it's funny or inappropriate, your choice. I may not be for everyone, though. I can be a little crude at times, or so I am told that I always push the envelope a little too far when talking about inappropriate subjects....so maybe my parents are in the same room when I say these things. I really just do it to see how everyone is going to react.

There was this one time when I said a completely inappropriate comment at the dinner table, though I was little embarrassed about it after I said it. So this is how it goes.... It was Christmas Eve and my sister and her husbands and kids were over for dinner along with my Nana. It was the end of dinner and I was stuck in a corner of the dining room where I could not exit, but I had to take some medicine. I usually took it right after dinner since it made me a nauseous if I didn't take it with food. I asked my sister to pass my pill case to her husband who was on the opposite side of the table of me (BTW...my brother-in-law and I get along great! hahaha wink, wink! We have that wonderful love-hate relationship thing going on.). ANYWAYS.....I took my pills out to get ready to plop them in my mouth. Mind you, I take a lot of pills at one time. They are like horse pills people!!! And I don't just take one at a time. No, it's like 5 or 6 at a time. My brother-in-law is looking at me at this time and is in just awe that I took all of them at one time. Well, to his surprise and the surprise of everyone else at the table (mind you my 76 year Nana is sitting right next to me), I say the following smartass comment, "I'm going to make some man very proud one day." 

To say the least, I got a very stern look from my dad at first ...... then a table full of laughter and a bunch of comments about going too far. I was very surprised though that my Nana even chuckled a little. 

Although this first blog thingy may not be full of sarcasm, you just wait! I am full of sarcastic comments that are finally going to be heard by people other than my family and close friends...at least I can hope, right? Anyways...I'm done for the night...gotta figure out how I'm going to survive another week student teaching a bunch of middle schoolers! Ya know, I pay to go to college....it would have been nice to get paid a little something to teach a bunch of kids filled with attitude and disrespect instead of emptying my already negative bank account to work an unpaid full-time job. That's life I guess.

Looks like this could be a post in the near future!

Night y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment